Peppermint Protein Brownie Bites
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans or black soy beans
- 2 scoops Garden of Life chocolate protein
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (we recommend Hershey’s dark chocolate)
- 3/4 cup Wedderspoon Manuka Honey
- 1 tbsp nut milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp coffee (we recommend peppermint flavored)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (we recommend Pascha)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies or candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking tray with parchment paper. Spray with non-stick spray.
- Combine beans, eggs, milk, melted oil, Wedderspoon Manuka Honey and vanilla extract in a food processor until smooth. Add remaining ingredients, except half of the chocolate chips and peppermint candies until well combined. At this point, the batter should be thick and dough-like. Add more cocoa powder or protein powder if needed. Next, mix in remaining chocolate chips, but do not blend them. Scoop batter onto baking tray, in tablespoon-sized scoops. Sprinkle crushed peppermint candy on top of each brownie bite.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, checking on them around minute 18. Allow to cool for 30 minutes before removing from tray.