Ever a fan of the ubiquitous fall pumpkin spice latte, this year I’ve begun exploring other non-caffeinated ways to appease my seasonal pumpkin cravings. So, when our resident kitchen maverick, Haley, concocted this Pumpkin Spice Granola using our newest Limited Edition KFactor 22 Manuka Honey, I was thrilled. Not only is this granola delicious and healthy, it’s also an incredibly convenient snack perfect for keeping your energy up while you enjoy the last of these beautiful autumn days. Eat up!
-1 cup (150 g) raw pecan halves
-1 cup (125 g) raw pumpkin seeds
-1/4 cup (60 mL) Wedderspoon Raw Manuka Honey KFactor 22
-1/4 cup (60 mL) melted coconut oil
-1/4 cup (60 mL) pumpkin puree
-1 1/2 (7.5 mL) teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
-1/4 (1.5 mL) teaspoon vanilla extract
-1/2 cup (50 g) shredded or shaved coconut
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray, or line it with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. Combine the oats, pumpkin seeds and pecans into a large mixing bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the Manuka honey, melted coconut oil, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and salt until smooth.
5. Pour the Manuka Honey syrup mixture over the oats mixture, and toss until everything is evenly mixed.
6. Spread the granola mixture out evenly on a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and add in the coconut (if using) and give everything a good stir.
8. Return the granola to the oven and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the mixture is golden.
9. Remove and let the granola cool until it reaches room temperature.