It’s that time of the year again, holiday party time! Unfortunately, when the number of holiday party invites exceeds the number of dessert recipes in your repertoire, you’re left scrambling to find a suitable sweet to offer up as you flit from event to event. Thankfully, Wedderspoon’s resident chef has spent hours slaving away in the kitchen so you don’t have to! So as to not damage your social butterfly status, why not bring these Raw Honey Praline Bites w/ Chocolate Drizzle stunners, made with our Raw Beechwood honey, with you to your next soiree? Enjoy!
Raw Honey Praline Bites w/ Chocolate Drizzle
Makes about 9 bites
- 6 oz (168 g) raw pecans
- 2 oz (56 g) shredded coconut
- 7 oz (196 g) pitted dates
- 2 oz (60 mL) Wedderspoon Beechwood Honey
- pinch of salt
- pinch of vanilla powder
- 1 oz (30 mL) coconut oil, gently melted
- .5 oz (15 mL) Wedderspoon Beechwood Honey
- .5 oz (14 g) raw cacao powder
- pinch of salt
Toppings: pecans, coconut flakes, cacao nibs…
- Pulse pecans, coconut, salt, and vanilla in food processor until very fine
- Add dates and honey, pulse until dough forms. Taste! A little salt is good in this recipe as it brings out the toffee flavours in the pecans, dates, and honey.
- Press dough in pan. We used a 3×3 square lined with parchment for easy removal
- Allow to set in freezer for one hour
- Mix melted oil, honey, salt and cacao to make the drizzle
- Remove bites from freezer, cut into desired pieces, then drizzle chocolate; we also garnished ours with whole pecans
- Keep in fridge up to a week or store in freezer if they last that long!