Whenever I find myself stuck in a cooking rut, I remember to think seasonal. Eating seasonally, or buying produce that is in season based on growing zone, always serves as a way to add variety to my meal planning when I’m feeling fed up with my usual fare. In honor of the recent transition to crisp days, we’ve created a Fall-inspired Harvest Salad with Pumpkin Honey Dressing perfect for indulging your desire for heartier meals. Enjoy!
- 1 cup (150 g) Kale
- 1 cup (150 g) mixed greens
- 1/2 cup (75 g) tomato
- 1/4 cup (40 g) cucumber
- 1/4 cup (40 g) carrot
- 1/2 cup (75 g) broccoli
- 1/4 cup (40 g) red grapes
- 1/4 cup (40 g) cranberry sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp (5 mL) toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup (40 g) avocado
- 1/4 cup (40 g) asparagus
- 4 ounces (113 g) chicken breast
Pumpkin Honey Dressing:
- ¼ cup (60 mL) pumpkin puree
- ¼ (60 mL) cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs (30 mL) Wedderspoon Limited Edition Manuka Honey KFactor 22
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) sea salt
- ⅛ tsp (.5 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup (120 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ (25 mL) tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbs (15 mL) water
1. Sauté broccoli + carrots with a bit of non-stick olive oil spray and garlic powder (this makes the broccoli slightly charged and crunchy)! Do the same for the asparagus.
2. Mix all ingredients together and serve over the Harvest salad.
Excited to try our newest Manuka honey? Not only is our KFactor 22 the rarest and most unique of all our Manuka honeys, but it also boasts the highest pollen count (90%) with the strongest antioxidant and immune boosting properties of the entire line. We are thrilled to announce that 5% of sales from this amazing honey will be donated to support The Rodale Institute’s research on Bee conservation.